Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Elephant electrocuted after straying from herd in Odisha

Rourkela (Odisha), Jan 25 (PTI) A female elephant was electrocuted today after coming in contact with a live wire while munching leaves in Bisra forest range in Sundargarh district, forest officials said.

The elephant, aged around nine years, had strayed from a herd of nine elephants and came in contact with high tension wire while munching leaves from a tree near Garda village.

The elephant apparently pulled a branch and the live wire attached to the tree also came down, electrocuting the jumbo, the officials said.

Please credit and share this article with others using this link:

No comments: